Thursday, November 13, 2008

Work

I'm very lucky in that mine and E's lifestyle does not require me to work at this time. But we are far from well off. We live on one income and I try to stretch that income as far as I can. Once Dani started going to school, I couldn't justify staying home, so I started taking classes again.

This time, I knew what I wanted my degree in and it made a big difference in my motivation and success in school. I had a purpose other than just attaining a general degree. I haven't gone back to classes since the Squirt was born but I am looking forward to going back in January. I have a friend who has volunteered to watch him for the 2 days a week that I would be in class.

Currently, I am 5 classes from my AA in Accounting. It's so close that I can taste it. And when I get it, I want to start on my Bachelor's. E has 7 more years to retirement and he is also working on completing his Bach. before he retires. Before he retires, I NEED to be working because we cannot live on his retirement alone and we can't rely on him getting a teaching job immediately after retirement.

I mentioned to my mom that we were making plans for that time period and she told me that I should get my AA and then start doing people's taxes. I'd be really busy for a few months out of the year, but that would be best for me.

.....

.....

But I already have a plan. And that isn't it. But she wouldn't let me finish my thought to tell her my plan. So I just gave up.

As I write about this stuff I wonder why I even start conversations with her. But what am I supposed to do when she visits; just glower at her out of a corner?

1 comment:

T P said...

Why not? That's what I do when I see her... I think, actually, the last time I was down there, S-sis kept trying to get me to drink with her... wonder why...