Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sandman on Strike

The only thing consistent with the Squirt's sleep schedule is that he likes to go to bed for the night at 7pm. And I mean, 7pm else we are subject to "Ohmygawdits7pmwhyhaventyouputmetobedyet" crankytime. So, I do my best to have him in bed by 7. He used to sleep until 2:30 then again until 5:30 but lately has been waking up anywhere between 11 and midnight for another feeding which puts him waking up again around 4. I try to feed him at 6pm but he usually cannot make that far of a stretch from his 1-2pm feeding.

Yesterday afternoon he was uncharacteristically cranky and I wonder if it was the Spicy Chicken sandwich I had for lunch. I swear he spit up everything he had eaten for the last 4 days.
So by the time he went to sleep (late because of the crankitude), I have no idea how much food he had left in his belly.

Last night and the night before he woke up at 11:30pm, then again at 4. And stayed awake until after 5. Then I have to get up at 6 to help Dani get ready for school and walk her at least partway to the bus stop before my baby monitor loses signal.

So lately I've been getting by on less than 5 hours of sleep a night. And it wouldn't be all bad because I can lay down for a nap most days. Unless I have a day like yesterday and I have to be out all day. On the road with crazy drivers.

I could go back to bed now, except it is 7am and he last ate at 4, which should mean that he is getting hungry again. Then maybe I will go to sleep.

Maybe.

No comments: