Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NaBloPoMo Under the Wire

I have been cooking and baking all day getting ready for tomorrow. We are spending our Thanksgiving with our dysfunctional neighbors. When my friend's husband came home from Iraq I jokingly told him that I needed him to make a turkey for me. He does a fantastic job. Well, she kind of assumed that I wanted to have dinner with them so that's what we are doing.

I know that she really appreciates it. She never had a real Thanksgiving dinner until we met. The first year that we lived here we had dinner together and she cried the first half hour of dinner because she felt so lucky to be with us.

Funny, because according to my Mother all of those turkey dinners that we had while growing up weren't Thanksgiving dinners... because we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving. We had a turkey dinner because turkeys were always on sale that time of year. She got really angry at me the one time I asked her about it.

Good times.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the Pitts Family from the Pitts Family.. Hope it runs smoothly for you and all the food is delicious.. Wish we could be together for the holiday!!