Monday, January 29, 2007

Chronic

Dani has never been as sick in her whole life as she has been since we moved to the Sunshine State. We are on cold 5/6. I give the / because this one started last Wed. at 3am with a 101.1 temp. The fever hung around for a couple of days. She missed school on Wed. and came home early on Thurs. The doc on Thurs. said that it was viral, she had some sinus congestion and gave her a decongestant. I guess the snot caused the fever? She was fine on Friday and all through this weekend. Yesterday I let her play outside because she was so bored. One hour before bed? Fever, again. At 1 am she came into our room, very upset because she had no voice. I told her that when people wake up, their voices are raspy (she says she has a 'crunchy voice' which I think is very cute). When I tucked her in again she started crying. And said that her ear hurt. Fantastic I thought. She had an ear infection right before Christmas and 2 weeks before that had been sent home early from school.

See, that's 3/4 illnesses in the past 6 weeks. She came down with a couple when school started too. I know that cooties are rampant in schools but Oh My God, this is ridiculous. She is staying home today. She's lucky that I don't have class today or else she would have to go to school. I hate it when she is sick.

2 comments:

twirl said...

Aww, poor kid. Hope she feels better...

Jennefer said...

The same thing happened to us when we moved to Chicago and I have always wondered if it was our house. Maybe cleaning out your vents, getting your heating system cleaned. Just some ideas. I also think that different states (areas)have different illnesses going around all the time and so as a new comer you are not immune and you get hit with everything.