Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rise Above

I had the lap. I'm recovering well. My belly is quite sore, but I am staying on the meds so surviving. The doctor found a negligle amount of endo. Not nearly enough to sweat any worry over. He says my uterus, tubes, and ovaries look fantastic and there is no reason to think that a pregnancy can't be easily achieved. Yet, here we are, now 11 years in this Hell. So I am stuck in the realm of 'Unexplained Infertility'. Still. Again. Whatever.

I'm glad that there wasn't anything horribly wrong, but I was really wanting an answer to my infertility. For all intents and purposes the surgery was a waste of time.

Tonight I was inducted into the "Girls Club". My neighbor, A, took me with her and a bunch of friends to their monthly Mom's Night Out dinner. We went to a very nice restaraunt in historical Pensacola called Dharma Blue. I had my first sushi, an Alaskan Roll, and fantastic crab cakes.

A is also the neighbor with whom I share Daisy Girl Scout leader responsibilities with. It's that time of year ladies.... cookie season.....If you don't already have a troop that you support, I would be happy to priority mail cookies to you. We are working with the girls to decide what we would like to do with our cookie money. I think we need some help. They have come up with Chuck E. Cheese. These are a group of 7 girls ages 4-6. Can anyone think of something they did while in scouts or think of a cool activity that we could do with these girls? Girl Scout cookies have 0 Trans Fats. There is a new variety called Lemonades this year. Also we are offering a variety case which includes 1 box of each of the 8 types of cookies for $25. Just sharing info for when you pass those sweet girls at their cookie booths.

Dani had her first sleepover last night at A's house. They had so much fun. In fact E and I were there until 2am talking with A about what else? Faith and God. E and I do that a lot. I am reliving my miscarriage and D&C from 3 years ago when we lost Michael, almost to the day. Its ironic that I am currently experiencing the same physical pain 3 years later but for a different reason. I just hope the year can't end any worse than it is beginning.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone. Enjoy the Holiday and on Monday and take a moment to reflect on the bravery of not only Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. but of all the people in our history who have risen above fear and made a stand for the better of mankind.

To Courage.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, and that they didn't find endo. I had a lap a few years ago, so I know how weird they are. You feel fine, but you have NO endurance. Hopefully you'll pass that phase quickly!!