Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Observed

E loves taking pictures. He is learning how to manipulate textures, from say tree bark, and making it a background to his photos. He's generally playing around and having fun. I got him a remote for the camera for Christmas so that he has a little more freedom and stability while taking long exposure shots. He is really enjoying his hobby and I am glad that he his. One day during Christmas week we went to a little beach at sunset that is annexed to the base so that he could play with lighting and such. He took on photo of a couple that we saw there.

They were a nice couple. I would say in their 50's and they were sharing a glass of wine on the deck. When he was looking at the photos later at home he showed it to me. He said that even though we don't know them it was a nice moment in someone's life to capture.

I said, "You know, I bet they were having an affair." He asked my why I thought that. Well, they had separate vehichles. She drove a Mercedes, he a pickup. They only had time for one glass of wine. At five o'clock after the base played retreat and the National Anthem they got into their respective vehicles and left.

He said but they seemed so happy. I said, "Yeah, most people in their 50's are not that happy."

I could be completely wrong. Maybe they were just meeting after work on their way home for a moment to relax before they got ran over by their teenage kids. But I don't think so.

He says I'm too good at things like that. It must be from watching CSI too much.

1 comment:

6blessings said...

Liv, thanks for your comments on my blog. I totally agree. I don't know if you are aware that we, too, lost sons in March to a grandmother who petitioned the court for custody. I just read your March 2006 post about your loss. I can truly say that I understand that loss. I'm sorry for your loss then and your others too. I wonder if all of the "systems" will ever get fixed. The China thing is really bugging me right now, and all of the reaccreditation problems in Russia.

BTW, your daughter is beautiful!