Friday, September 07, 2007

Rain on My Parade

Our beach picnic was nice. It wasn't quite what I wanted but we had food. We talked. We even kissed a little. We got a few slices of deli ham, half size pitas, fruit and dip and a couple of waters. It was a nice day, pretty much until we got to the beach. We were there for about an hour and at one point a lone dolphin swam by about 100 feet out. So we were there long enough to see this.
Until we got ran off by this.
Pretty ugly huh. It kind of killed it all for me. I was determined to stay. We had an umbrella and I was just going to hunker down under it. E however, is afraid of the whole getting struck by lightning thing. So we trudged back to the van, and drove down the road where all of the beach houses are. There are so really beautiful places there but they are all built on stilts. Which I understand, during a storm surge every foot off the ground your house is, the less chance it will be destroyed, but they just look stupid. There are so many for sale and they are still building more.
After we drove past all the houses, E said he wanted to go out for desert. So we went to Olive Garden where I had some tiramisu. I love that stuff. I have never attempted to make it myself because if I did, I know it would be good and I would make it all the time.
We talked more over desert about our goals. E will be retiring in 8 years from the AF and, call me crazy, I would like to have some sort of plan in place for that time. Whether he wants to go to school or start another career, I just want to know. I plan on working at that time so we will have an income. But we also need to save for Dani's education. I think when all is said and done, we will have been paying tuition for 10 years. When I get done, E will start, and about the time he gets done, Dani will start. We'll see.
After desert we went back to the beach. It was dark at that time and the storm had passed. We found a secluded spot, brought the radio and watched the stars for awhile. Someone further down had some fireworks, so that was pretty nice.
Dani was having a sleepover at the neighbors so when we got home we had the whole house to ourselves. It was very nice to come home and the only thing we had to do was let the dog out to pee. Romantic huh.
Next Monday is our first counseling meeting.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Sweetie, it sounds like a perfectly lovely time. Just the two of you.

I'm happy to hear about the counseling. I hope it is a huge help.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear about the counseling. I think it will help ease some of the strain you're experiencing.

Sounds like your beach experience was nice. I'm hoping you have many more days like that.