Wednesday, February 04, 2009

5 Months

I'm a little behind. I am a week late in posting the Squirt's 5 month progress report. I'm also behind on the dishes, the laundry, vaccuuming, and general housecleaning. However, I'm not going to use this time to gripe about how overwhelming these little things are for me. Little things like a pacifier laying on the floor under the swing for an entire week and noone picking it up. Said E, "Oh, I didn't even notice it." Yeah, you don't seem to notice a lot.

NO, I am going to use this time instead to talk about the Squirt!!

Again, I will say that it isn't fair that he has grown so much. I didn't get a lot of pictures. Not good ones anyway. Who knew a baby could move at the speed of light and blur any attempts at documenting his babyhood? See how devious he is?
With my start of classes he has started spending about 5 hours twice a week with a sitter. The first couple of weeks were rough but he's starting to get into it. I realized that he loves me and misses me when I am gone.
I look at the picture above and for a moment I get a glimpse of what he will look like when he is older.... like 5.
He is back to a milk only diet. If we try anything else this is the response we get. Also, he will hold what ever we try to give him in the back of his mouth and try to yak it out. It's quite funny and I find that I try to give him things like juice, cereal, Orajel, and Tylenol just to see the look on his face. The above picture was Orajel.
His greatest achievement this month was the discovery of his feet. He is completely in love with his toes. He will lay like this for a long time and lift his legs up, then down, up then down. It is endless fun for him.
Still no rolling over, still now worried about it. He is very snuggly. When Dani plays with him he grabs her hair. She squeals, then he squeals, then E and I say, "Look, the kids are playing together."
Then we sit back and sigh, "Wow, we have KIDS."




1 comment:

twirl said...

I can't believe he's that big already. Amazing.


(and love the diaper =)