Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My last nerve... yeah, it walked out awhile ago

I have never been so ready for school to start in my entire life. Maybe it's not entirely fair, since I don't necessarily want it to start for me, but for Dani. She is driving me nuts. I know she is bored, and I am not much fun. But I can't take it anymore. Most of it I'm sure is to blame on my sucky attitude. However, I am also frustrated with her. Somewhere she had decided that she can sass me, and when she does it, I want to slap her. I don't, but I want to.

The past few days I have been asking her to sit and write some simple words, numbers, and her alphabet. I told her that she couldn't watch TV or movies until her page for the day was done. And we are not talking a thesis here.... it was a page of that really wide ruled paper with the dotted lines that help kids with their lettering. There are five lines on a page and I wrote one word on each line and asked her to finish that line with that word. So, what was her solution? She went the whole day without watching any TV or movies meanwhile complaining to me how bored she was and 'frustrated'. I told her countless times, "All you need to do is sit and write for 5 minutes and you will be done". So, she sits there for half and hour on one word and cries. I know that school work isn't fun. But writing has not been her strong point. So, I'm trying to give her a refresher before school starts on Monday.

I also want school to start for me. I wanted to take a few CLEP tests this summer, but I didn't. My local library has the materials, but they are on their database and I have to be in the library to use them. Sure, I can do that. I'll just take my talkative 6 year old who loves to act out the storylines in whatever story she is looking at and demands an audience. I'm sure I'll do real well on those tests. Not to mention, I have felt completely useless this summer. I would like to do something productive.

I registered for my classes and that was a pain in my ass. My school has 3 different campuses and education centers on both bases. So while you are registering for classes you have to pay attention to what campus you will be going to that semester. I try to keep my classes to 2 days a week. And I wanted to take 3 classes. But the campus nearest to me was not offering 3 consecutive classes on my class schedule on the days that I wanted. So, I looked at the other campus and they did!! And when I registered for them, 2 of the 3 were already full. I was pissed.

Oh, and that counseling thing? Yeah, we still haven't done that. If I get a referral from my PCM, E will not be able to go to those sessions with me because he will not be covered under a civilian referral. So, we have to wait until his PCM on base has an opening "to meet with us" to determine what our needs are and then he will put in a referral for us.

And lately, I feel like I am losing my mind because I am so angry and frustrated. And I swear to God, I cannot go anywhere without seeing a pregnant woman. While we were visiting my mom, we went barhopping one night. We went to 2 bars and there were pregnant women there too. I couldn't believe my luck. Needless to say, I got trashed.

1 comment:

DD said...

As sad as it made me to watch my son go off to his class today, I knew it would give him a much needed outlet for his energy (another reason I like daycare). They are stubborn at this age aren't they?

I was talking to my recently dx SIF co-worker and I told her that pg women are all over the damn place and that there were two walking down the hall just a minute ago. She rolled her eyes and said, "great! Now they're traveling in packs." I found that statement particularly funny, even though the circumstances make me anything but happy.