Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Karma

Remember several weeks back where I wrote about the Creepy Neighborhood Kid and my list of things that I didn’t like about him? Well, number 19 was “when he comes over, he rings the door bell and bangs on the door and peeks through the window until we answer the door.” Well, he still comes over a couple of times a week with other kids in the neighborhood because we got Dani a trampoline for her birthday in July, and they don’t have one. So they come over here to jump on her trampoline.

On Monday we were at another neighbor’s house for a pool party. We had a great day. Last evening, the CNK’s dad came over and told us that on Monday, the boy and his friend had come over to play. Well they knocked on the door and we didn’t answer. I imagine that they proceeded to walk along the porch, and peek in the windows. While they were doing this, they ended up by my bedroom window which is in the front of the house. They got attacked by wasps that had started building a nest behind the shutter of my bedroom window. They ran home screaming that they had gotten stung when they were knocking on the windows.

I knew the nest was there. I was waiting to spray it during an evening when they weren’t so feisty. Well, I told the dad that and he was OK. He just wanted us to know that there was a nest there. That was neighborly of him. But I had a weird sense of Karma come over me. I bet that kid won’t be banging on my house again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those wasps are finally good for something. I knew there must be a reason God invented those things. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

KatieMc said...

I had a really good giggle about this one! Reminds me of a scene from one of the Little House on the Prairie books when the spoiled, cranky boy steps in a nest and is stung all over...Laura is secretly glad.

I'll chuckle about this all day and pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to convict me so I can repent in the hopes that what goes around won't come around. Wait, is that true repentence, if only to avoid negative consequences? OY!