Friday, May 15, 2009

Haystack, meet Needle

I had this email from my mom Tuesday night. It was time stamped 3:54PM.

"Just a quick note to tell you all I love you, and I wish life had been better for all of us. Soon things will get better, Mom's know these things.

We never tell each other enough. Love, Mom"

My step sister called me at about 7 that night saying that the EMTs had just taken her to the hospital. She tried to commit suicide.

My step dad is upset with my step sister for telling me. Evidently, they weren't going to tell us at all.

I just don't even know what to feel anymore. She is OK I guess.... they hold suicidal patients for 72 hours so she will be home Sunday night.

7 comments:

Elle said...

Oh Liv, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Lynn said...

I am so sorry to hear that.. My prayers are with you and your family..

Maggie said...

Oh, holy hell, Liv. I'm so sorry.

Yo-yo Mama said...

I hope your mom was able to be discharged into some good care on Sunday. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of pain she must be in to have taken such a drastic measure, but my thoughts are with you.

Linda said...

Oh my gosh Liv! I can't believe that I'm just getting to read this now. I hope your mom is feeling more stable and getting good help. How are you feeling? What a trip.

xoxo
Flicka

cubic zirconia European said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, It is awesome.

925 thailand bracelet said...

I like your post very much...