Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No Brainer

I swear I have no brain. About halfway through the day yesterday I realized that the bodysuit that I had dressed the Squirt in in the morning had been backwards. I then decided that since it had already been half the day, we weren't going anywhere, and he wasn't complaining that I would leave it that way.

This year for Christmas dinner we are going Mexican. I've wanted to start a tradition in our house for a long time of having a different ethnically prepared dinner but never got around to it until last year. Don't get me wrong, I love a good turkey dinner, but not 2 of them so close together. Last year was the perfect time to start. H@ ll m@ rk started a new ornament series called Doors Around the World or something like that. Last year was Germany, so we had a German menu. This year is Mexico so we are having Mexican. It saves me a lot of trouble narrowing down the country myself. ****This all feels familiar being typed.... maybe I explained this last year?****

With my decreasing mental faculties, I am so glad that my brother is coming out to visit. He can help me cook. Today and tomorrow we have cookies to bake, a pork roast to cook, tamales and empanadas to fill, and guacamole to make. I still have to get a few things from the grocery store. I also have to finish cleaning the house.

Do any of you have special family traditions?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

That's a neat idea of Christmas around the world meals each year. Who knows maybe next year we will change it up. I know what you mean about Thanksgiving and Christmas meals being the same and close together.. :)The kids and I did a little study about Christmas around the world this year and maybe we will go further in depth next year and have a special Christmas around the world dinner.. Maybe a sampling of different foods. Who knows :)The skies the limit!

Anonymous said...

I swear, I didn't eat half the cookies and or dough. It must have been someone else. Nor was I up at 2:50am reading your blog... *sigh*