Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving

My mother, stepdad, and stepsister are supposed to make an appearance this week for Thanksgiving. They should be on the road now and make it here shortly after Dani gets off the bus. She is so excited. Tomorrow the school is having a TD lunch and I am taking them all to the school to have lunch with her. Oh, and I did call my mom yesterday to MAKE SURE that they were coming because I would have HATED to tell Dani otherwise. She is so looking forward to their visit.

So, I am having family for Thanksgiving. I am also losing my 20's this week. I am so emotional over this. It's only a birthday right? Just another year? I've been telling everyone that I will be celebrating the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. Last week at the RE's office he went over my 'treatment plan' with me and he said, "You're only 29, in good health, the labs are great. There is really no reason to think that with a little bit of help you can't conceive." So that was good news but all I could reply was, "But I'll only be 29 for one more week!!" and my eyes started to tear up. Geez I'm pathetic.

I thought that I would get Dani's input on what to have for Thanksgiving dinner. She said, "I want a turkey, and white potatoes, and macaroni and cheese.... a DEAD turkey."

Man I love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your family this week. I'm very glad Dani specified a dead turkey... it could have been crazy otherwise.

Don't fret about your 30th. The 30s are good. You come into your own in your 30s.

Jennefer said...

Turning 30 was hard for me. 35 was harder. It just gets harder. But then I have a hard time growing up in general. Some people are already 30 before they turn 30, others take a while to catch up. I realize I am not making sense anymore so I will stop rambling about this subject.

Dani is cute! Yes-Please have dead turkey for Thanksgiving. Dead- cooked turkey- with the feathers plucked. If you choose not to do this- please take pictures!