Friday, November 10, 2006

Controversy

Here are a couple of things that I am pondering.

First, this film, Children of Men. It is set in the future and the plot depicts a world that has been infertile for 18 years. The fate of humanity relies on one woman who is currently pregnant.

Second, the film, Borat. How do those of you who have adopted, are adopting, and starting your Russian/East European adoption view this film. Is it offensive to your children's and ultimately your family's culture? Is it just funny?

I love a funny movie and the comedy lover in me wants to see Borat, but after being so involved with our adoption and learning the of the travesties that created the Russian nation as it is today, I have a hard time morally watching this film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about that Children of Men movie, although I just watched the trailor and it looks interesting. However, my husband thinks Borat clips and trailers are hilarious. I don't find it to be that funny, but I suppose that is why he doesn't think I have a sense of humor. Anyway, we haven't seen the actual movie, so I can't tell you much more. Personally though it doesn't offend me. I wonder if it offends the country though.