Friday, June 24, 2005

It's Like a Bad Dream

I have started tackling the new document requirements for Russian adoptions. After looking over the requirements more carefully, I realized it was much more than just 4 more documents. The good news is that the medical stuff doesn't have to be taken care of until right before we travel. The hard part will be getting the appoitments, results, signitures, notary and apostille before we get on the plane.... the time frame seems like it will be very small because the documents will only be valid for a few months. We are entering our time crunch. We are due to leave this base in April of next year. Which means that the latest we can make our last trip will be February (to make sure we are here to out process the base in March). Which means our first trip has to be in Dec. or January. We still have to get our documents apostilled which may take one week, or since this is Alaska.... 3 years!!!! Also, when we get a referral it should be about a month before we travel, so... November. Who knows how long our agency will hold onto our dossier before they send it to Russia.

Needless to say, I'm a little stressed. I didn't intend this to be an adoption blog, but I guess that's what this is turning into. I guess since adoption occupies my every waking thought, it's appropriate.

No comments: