Friday, March 31, 2006

I Loves Me a Good Mystery

I have always been a fan of stories or occurrences that give me the chills. I would have loved to listen to ghost stories around the campfire if my parents had allowed me to join Girl Scouts or done anything fun. I love watching documentaries about Loch Ness, Bigfoot, aliens, and ghosts. I think I’ve seen them all three times.

I’m currently reading Fingerprints of the Gods which plays with the theory that the culture who built that Egyptian pyramids are closely related to the culture who build the South American pyramids. There are a lot of really interesting correlations.

I know this sounds really silly, but I would love to go to Scotland and watch Loch Ness for a day. I would also love to solve the mystery of Stonehenge. I would also, just once, like to see a ghost. I wonder sometimes what it’s like to be psychic.

In fact, I was thinking the other day about psychics and how much power they really have. There is a theory that what you think you create. So, I wondered if, when psychics have a ‘vision’, they in fact create it. They have faith in what they see. In reality don’t we have the most faith in the thoughts that we think of ourselves? I know I do. Maybe I’m psychic. Pretty scary considering I can’t create the things that I most want in life… or maybe what I really want is to create the disappointment. Life really is a mystery.

3 comments:

Jennefer said...

I love mysteries too. I like to watch "Unsolved Mysteries" and shows on the History channel about events that have never been explained. I do believe in unexplained phenomena having a spiritual explanation. However, I have one thought about psychics: Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Rhonda said...

NOT ME. I will be fine and dandy if I live my live without ever seeing a ghost. I agree, stonehenge and Nessie are interesting, though.

Anonymous said...

http://guide.discoveronline.org/native/Native%20Lesson%2017.pdf

This bible lesson talk about the spirits.