Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Confession

I have a secret…. Have I told you? I’m slightly neurotic and maybe a little OCD.
I have been burning all the candles that I can in the past couple of weeks trying to use them up because the movers will not pack burnt candles and I can’t stand to throw away a perfectly good half-used candle. I am currently burning a Sugar Cookie candle which I’m not too fond of. It is so sweet smelling that it bothers my throat a little and it makes me hungry. Next on the list are Fields of Grass and Pomegranate.

I have already started putting signs on things that we will not take with us to Florida that read ‘Do Not Inventory/Pack’. I guess just in case we forget.

Oh, and that handy dandy moving folder? I should have gotten a file cabinet. As of now it contains E’s out processing paperwork, the dog’s vaccinations, birth certificates, marriage certificate (an apostilled version at that… what else am I going to use it for), our passports (again, I may as well use them), wills, and E’s VA certificate. Still to be added are documents for our van, several copies of E’s orders, the dog’s medical certificate, and a plethora of other oddities. This reminds me, I need to get the dog to the vet. Like Jen, I need to make lists for everything so that I don’t forget something important.

Here’s a story, once a very, very long time ago, newly married to my ex, I had to go to our nearest military installation to get my dependent military ID issued. He was currently at basic training in Texas and I was in Pennsylvania. He had sent me the form I needed and I rallied a friend of mine to drive down to Carlisle, PA from our town of Mansfield, PA. It was about a 5 hour drive if I remember correctly. Anyway, we get to the post, find the personnel center, and sign in to get my picture taken. They just needed my dependent form…. Um… yeah…. The one I left at home, 5 hours away. The person in the office called the base my husband was at and he got pulled out of whatever training they were doing. He was told there was a situation with his wife, that scared the poop out of him. Muahahhaha. They did a new form and faxed to where I was and I got my card. But I was really irritated at myself for being so stupid. My ex didn’t let me forget it either, but that’s a story for another day.

So, I may be a little neurotic, but I’m programmed that way.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

This post somehow makes me like you more, Liv. I don't know how it works but the most organized list makers of us all tend to forget things now and then. I'm right with you!

Rhonda said...

There's so much paperwork with a regular move, but a military move would be a PAIN. I bet you'll be so glad when you get to sunny Florida. Oh, by the way...Brian said he spotted a mosquito yesterday. Mosquito season is starting already...

Anonymous said...

My movers packed my candles (and matches) this time! I'm sooo hoping our HHG don't blow up
(because, well, we found out after the fact that they had packed our lawn mower with the gas still in it because they were being "ambitious" and doing more rooms at a time than there were people to supervise!)

Of course, that's just one problem...

Good luck and hang onto those twentybillion copies of orders!