Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Eve of Destruction

Well, this is it. Well, tomorrow is it. The movers will be here at 9am to start tearing my house apart. Our cable and internet boxes will have to be turned in before the mad packers get ahold of them, so this will be my last post at home. We will still be up here for another 6 days cleaning and repainting. Next Wed. will be our first day of travel. I don't know how often I will get to check in. We aren't planning on being in FL until the middle of May.... so I may not have any friends left.... but I'll check in as often as I can!!! I promise!!! I'm not needy or possessive at all... honest... You all will still love me anyway right!!! right?

Lisa I am so excited for you and D and your trip. I hope everything goes amazing for you. I also hope that the rest of the Russian Posse gets past many hurdles in the next few weeks and will all be on their way to the other side of world SOON!!!

We are looking forward to our trip. By the 29th we hope to be in Calgary and stop early for the day to spend at the zoo. I think it will be a nice break after 3 1/2 days in the van. After that our next big stop will be Michigan where I will meet E's dad, step-mother, and extended family. E has not seen his dad since '92 and they just started talking last fall... so we are in the beginnings of new relationships. By the time we end our visit in Michigan we will only be a few days from Ft. Walton Beach.

I am trying to get the courage to ask my mother NOT to meet us in Michigan to drive the rest of the way with us. Help!

So, everyone, here I will 'pause' until I can stop by again. I can't wait to let you all know how our 4000 mile trek across the continent went. Have a great spring everyone!!!

4 comments:

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elle said...

Liv I'm going to miss you. Have a very safe trip and can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Hugs to you all.

Rhonda said...

Can't wait to hear how wonderful it is in sunny Florida. Good luck with the move.

Jennefer said...

I love your new profile photo. I was surprised to see you are a blonde, for some reason I had imagined you with black or very dark brown hair. I am not sure why. Anyway, good luck with your move. I know it can be stressful, but exciting too. Florida will be quite a change from Alaska. It probably sounds like a permanent vacation for ya'll. Good luck again!