Friday, March 03, 2006

Diets Suck

You know you’ve been dieting too long:
- When you dream about eating a bowl of cereal.
- You cry when a Sonic commercial advertises a banana split (this may
also be due to hormones).
- You take a bite of your child’s sugary cereal in the morning and feel like Gollum…
“My Preciousssss”
- Your child tells you with sadness in her voice, “No Thank You, I’m on a diet,” when you
ask her if she wants something to eat.
- You analyze a bag of Cheetos and figure out that 1 Cheeto has approximately 1 carb….
and you wonder if that 1 carb is one that you want to waste.

So, I’m still on my 20 carbs a day regimen. I have had 2 cheat days in the past week. When E came home he was really impressed with the progress I had made so he was willing to endure with me because he wanted to slim down a little bit. I was really glad to have support. I knew it would be difficult to maintain my regimen once he came back. Yesterday he comes home from work and informs me that he isn’t going to do it anymore. I can’t fault him. He did lose close to 10 pounds in a week. I was tired of him always complaining about the food I cooked anyway; something he has never done in 8 years.

I am really bothered by it though. I haven’t really lost anymore weight and I’m discouraged. I am down 15 pounds now. That is halfway to what I wanted. I think my plateau is due to the 2 cheat days and the fact that I am ‘cycling’. Which makes me wonder….I have had 4 periods in 4 months. I think there is something wrong with me. Then when E told me last night that he was stopping, it just kind of burst my bubble. That’s when I cried during the Sonic commercial. I really wanted some ice cream.

I will continue to stick with it though, because this is the only way I have been able to lose weight in 10 years.

***********************************************************************************
I was soooo right about the weather. We have been at a consistent 0 degrees during the day for the past week. At night the temps range from -35 to -20 or thereabouts. We had close to a foot of snow last weekend. For some reason I was very uneasy with the possibility of having an early break up. I guess I’m accustomed to doing Easter Egg hunts in snow drifts.

4 comments:

Elle said...

be careful and avoid the little women in the green dresses then. They'll get you every time.

Can you tell I have Girl Scouts on the brain?

Liv said...

Yeah... it's a little obvious Hon.
I preordered last month so I did my good deed for the cause.

Jennefer said...

It sounds like you need a tropical vacation. Somewhere you can lay out in the warm sun under a couple of palm trees and a nice breeze. A place where they serve gourmet concoctions all calorie-free.

I think we all need that actually. Too bad the adoptions are draining all of our vacation funds.

I guess you could always just tape a caribean post card to your bathroom mirror. It is almost the same.

Rhonda said...

HA! Its funny you posted this. I totally fell off my diet last night. I went carb CRAZY. Now I feel terrible today. I guess I'll just get back on the horse. But I've lost 6 lbs in two weeks, so that's pretty good even with the cheats. I hear ya...would love to eat a bite of cereal!