Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful

Tomorrow's the day. Thanksgiving. Turkey Day. Thursday. It has always been one of my most favorite holidays. Although, being a previous Jehovah's Witness, it was my secret favorite holiday. My favorite thing was the food, specifically, pumpkin pie. It was such a favorite treat that every time I went to visit my grandmother she always had one for me. Even during the summer.

I've been watching soaps today and everyone was doing the corny-go-around-the-table-asking-what-each-is-Thankful-for speeches. I always found those stupid. Not because what I thought people were thankful for was stupid, but duh, of course they are thankful for their family, loved ones, home, life, friends, love.

I thought of a new one this year. Forgiveness. I'm thankful that E has forgiven me for being a bitch this year. He forgave me for hating him. He forgave me for feeling like a failure. He forgave for using him as a sex machine for 9 greuling cycles. He forgave me for being OCD. He forgave me for being frustrated. He forgave me for not being perfect.

And the most wonderful thing that I've realized is I didn't even have to ask for it.

No comments: