Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Proud Mom Moment

I took Dani to register for kindergarten and I was received by a very friendly receptionist who barraged me with a pile of paperwork. Thankfully, with my experience at filling out adoption paperwork I was eerily prepared and breezed right through it. I came armed with birth certificates, marriage license, residence information, and shot records. It was very self affirming.

I sat down to fill out the registration forms and gave Dani some paper and a pen to keep herself busy with. She started drawing pictures of herself and me. Lately her pictures have developed from lopsided circles with sticks for limbs to more rounded circles with sticks. So, she hasn’t come far in that respect, but she has been paying more attention to detail. She was describing what she was drawing, “Here’s my hair, and my eyes….and my ears, and hands. Oh, and here are my phalanges.” I was so proud. I almost heard the receptionist’s neck snap as she looked toward us. Internally I screamed, “YES! I have an exceptional child!”

And OMG! Yesterday she turned 5!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Dani had a nice birthday! What a smart !

I forgot to thank you for dreaming me up a referral. Can you dream me up a court date now?