Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm just not happy right now

Our apostille office will be closed from the 18th of Feb. until the 1st of March.

I have spent all week running around Fairbanks getting old documents refreshed.

I saw my doctor today to get the medical certificate started. First I find out that the blood test results may not be back for 3 weeks. E will have to get his blood work done when he comes home next Thursday. So I have to add another week for his labs to come back (around the 2nd week of March). They will still need to be notarized and apostilled. My doctor says that she will not get her signature notarized. She also will not supply the information for her medical license which is a requirement for the Russian court.

I checked my email when I got home, and my case worker says that Russia is backlogged so we may not travel until April. I guess that will give us some leeway for the apostilling.

We are supposed to move in April. And if we do, we will have to redo half of our paperwork. My husband can get an extension but I don’t even know how long he should ask for.

I’m tired. I’m tired of papers. I’m tired of people not helping me. I’m tired of being alone. I’m tired of this whole process.

I always thought that this would make me stronger, a better mom somehow. But I just feel like giving up. I don’t know how much more of myself I can sacrifice for this.

On the other hand, I have seen the baby that has been chosen for us. It’s only a picture, but it is the only glimmer of hope that I have seen in the past 16 months. I know that she is my child, a long awaited member of our family, and nothing is going to stop me from bringing her home. I’m ready to move to Russia and become a citizen there so that I can adopt her. I’d probably be able to that quicker.

I need something stronger than me to hold onto. And I do feel like I’m doing this on my own. E is not here to help with the paperwork. He is stuck in Anchorage with no transportation, no ability to make calls during the day, and no way for me to talk to him when I need him. He’s also going through a lot of frustration with his class so I don’t want to add to it. But something’s got to give.

Dani is also stressing me out. I can appreciate that she misses her Dad, she tells me so about 20 times a day. I know that she really wants to see him, but she is rebelling against me which just makes me want to bang my head into a wall until I pass out.

That’s it, I’ll just pass out for the next week, and then I won’t be alone anymore.

Oh, and I'm dieting, the Atkins way. I've lost 10 pounds in 21 days. 20 carbs a day until I am at my desired weight of 140- 145. So I'm hungry, and I just want to eat a whole casserole of macaroni and cheese, and an entire bakery cake with butter cream icing.

Clogged arteries, anyone?

1 comment:

Jennefer said...

We are in the military as well. I am afraid our adoption will not finish out before we are transferred next year. We are still waiting for our agency to receive re-accreditation. I heard you can get up to a 3 month extension to complete an adoption. I hope it works out for you.