Wednesday, March 21, 2007

If

Something terrible happened this week.
I was in a wreck.
Not just any wreck.
I had Dani with me.
And 3 other children.
We were on our way to the zoo.
It was on the last day of Spring Break.
I tried to make a left turn into the zoo.
There must have been a car in my blind spot.
I don't know any other way I could have missed her.
There was no time to react. She hit us.
My van flipped completely over.
It's destroyed.
They had to cut the sliding doors off to get the kids out.
My friends trusted me with thier children.
I feel like I failed them.
Only one of us sustained an injury.
The 9 year old boy has a slight fracture on his hip from the seatbelt.

If Clomid had worked the first couple of times we tried, I would have been 7 months pregnant.
I think I am catatonic.

8 comments:

Jennefer said...

Did this really happen? I am so sorry. It could have happened to anyone. I am glad that no one is seriously injured. Just a big scare though- not to mention the inconvenience. None of the other moms blame you. Don't worry

I say Hugs and Drugs all around.

That was lots of Hugs from people who love you and LEGAL Drugs- like aspirin and stuff should get you through it O.K.

Ya its late.

A Room to Grow said...

Oh wow, this must be tough. I agree with Jen, accidents happen and luckily no one was seriously injured. Take care.

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad that everyone is OK. How frightening. It sounds like a pretty bad accident. What a miracle that everyone walked away :)

DD said...

I have chills! Whenever I have a close call I have nightmares at night about what could have happened to X. Please don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure the other parents are just glad that there were no life-threatening injuries.

Elle said...

Oh sweetie how scary. It could have happened to anyone. No one was seriously hurt and all the kids were wearing their seatbelts. Be thankful for that. Vans can be replaced. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh God how scary. I'm sorry this happened, but glad everyone is okay.

Maggie said...

Oh goodness. How frightening. I'm sure the other parents understand -- you didn't let them down, it was just an accident. Thank goodness no one was seriously injured.

twirl said...

It's a really scary thing, but I'm so glad to hear that you're ok.