Friday, January 25, 2008

An Apple with Worms for the Teacher

This is an email that I just got from Dani's teacher. I have one question. Why the Hell am I finding out about this now after I have send countless emails and inquiries regarding Dani's progress and asking for her teacher's input on how to get her to perform better only to get one line responses if any? Just askin'.... I think I have that right. I hope I cool off by Tues. morning.
"Let’s set the conference for Tues. at 8:00. I am placing Dani on a pmp (pupil monitoring plan) and have placed a retention warning letter in her report card she is bringing home today. The plan, which I will be able to better inform you about on Tues. will help both you and I better monitor her progress. The retention warning letter is a formality that our school sends to those who teachers have concerns. I will go over this letter and the retention concern on Tuesday. Please know that I do not like to retain a child unless it is absolutely necessary. We have two nine weeks to prepare Dani for the next level. Please come with ideas and ways that you will be able to assist me in helping Dani find the success she needs. I look forward to our conference on Tues."

5 comments:

Elle said...

What the hell!

DD said...

Oh, don't you love how they spring the not so flattering notes on you when you least expect it?

Been there, doing that, and riding the teachers like ponies, I am.

Maggie said...

Not cool. If you have been asking her for updates, she totally should have informed you before now. Do you still have those emails? Print those dated, time-stamped puppies out right now.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something to be brought up with administration if the teacher doesn't have a dmaned good answer for you. This teacher needs to get her act together.

Rhonda said...

ohhhhh. To put her on that kind of a program without notifying you that there's a problem first? You have every reason to complain to the school administration. How can you come equipped "with ideas" to this conference if you have no clue what's going on?